Guest Services Supervisor El Paso Water Parks
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for Guest Services. Guest Services Supervisor are responsible for welcoming our guests and setting the tone for a positive and fun environment for all to enjoy! Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
El Paso has been recognized as a Top Performing City (Governing and Living Cities, 2017), Best Large Cities for Families (Apartment List, Jan 2017), America’s Top 20 Best Value Cities (Trivago, 2016), 4th Best Place to Live if you Love the Outdoors (US News, July 2016) and #2 Safest City in America (SafeWise, Aug 2017)
The Guest Services Supervisor, under management’s supervision, is responsible for assisting in all areas of guest services department. This role involves overseeing staff, supervising and coordinating programs and personnel to ensure highest level of customer service and satisfaction. This position requires coordination with all departments of El Paso Water Parks and ensures proper and efficient operation, care and maintenance of the facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome guests to El Paso Waterparks in a warm friendly manner.
- Oversees daily operation of the guest services department.
- Assists in coordination of department schedules.
- Ability to problem solve and react quickly to guests needs.
- Complete daily tasks and checklists regarding cash handling, opening, and closing procedures.
- Ability to oversee a Guest service department of approximately 25+ Guest Service staff members with responsibility of a daily 8+ - Guest service staff members.
- Ensures Guest Services employees rotation and breaks are done efficiently.
- Explain various ticket and season pass purchase options and stay up to date with ticket prices, park operation and policies.
- Ability to implement strategic sales initiatives as trained by Management.
- Ability to implement strategic sales initiatives training with Guest Service staff members.
- Initiates conversation with guests, maintaining proper eye contact and providing relevant information regarding attractions, park information, and special events.
- Oversee the daily operation for birthday parties, Cabana Rentals, or any Special Groups or events.
- Responsible for cash/credit card handling and end of day reconciliation of all admissions and retail sales and Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of issued equipment.
- Participate in service training programs for safety, and customer service.
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to management.
- Complete all required company training and compliance courses as assigned.
- Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
- Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Attend staff meetings and daily stand-ups. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Follow and enforce all liquor laws.
- Request Identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Stay current with all training, policies and procedures.
- Enforce El Paso Water Parks & ASM Global safety standards.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Assist management with auditing end of day reconciliation of safe.
- Follow and enforce all sanitation procedures including safety guidelines and OSHA requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- When required, must work outdoors in various weather conditions to ensure a wonderful experience for guests.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to obtain or have a current Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commision (TABC) certificate and Food Handler’s card.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to demonstrate basic cash handling procedures.
- Computer knowledge and typing skills
Minimum Education & Experience
- Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience.
- Operate a computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
- Experience in operating a POS (Point of Sale) System preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, walk, climb, kneel, and move around facility, heavy lifting, and carrying, stooping crawling and equipment operation.
- Ability to work in prolonged stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend routinely and repetitively to lift 20lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
- Comfortable working outdoors in various weather conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please send a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.